About Me

Saturday 8 October 2016

Disney's Cinderella and Lady Tremaine Fairytale Designer Collection Dolls 2016


Disney Cinderella & Lady Tremaine Fairytale Designer Dolls

Good afternoon! It is a beautiful sunny and crisp Fall Saturday and I have been feeding the squirrels, chipmunk and Blue jays who visit/live in my backyard all morning. They are eating us out of house and home! Today I'm sharing one of the new Disney Fairytale Designer Collection dolls I bought a few weeks ago. I took these photos right after I bought the doll back in September, but I am very late in getting this posted! I bought this set in store, although I had to drive to a Disney Store in another town because my local store was sold out! I am very glad that I decided to get this set as I think it is my favourite out of the new collection, despite the fact that Cinderella is not my favourite out of the Disney Princesses.

Gorgeous Fairytale Designer Collection Bag 




Here is a look at the front of the doll set. It displays wonderfully and I have it sitting next to my Rapunzel and Mother Gothel set.



Yes, Cinderella's dress is supposed to be ripped. This set is inspired from one of the scenes in the animated film where her evil stepsisters and stepmother ruin her handmade dress and rip her pearls so Cinderella won't be able to make it to the Ball. However, that is before Cinderella's Fairy Godmother shows up to help, so here is a happy ending.
Lady Tremaine and Lucifer

Lady Tremaine, the evil Stepmother that she is, has her hand on Cinderella's necklace and is about to pull it off. Cinderella has an innocent and worried look to her. Most Cinderella dolls produced have her hair up in a bun and wearing the blue dress modelled after the look that she wears to the Ball. What is neat and unique in this set is that Cinderella's hair is down, and her look is one you don't ever see, which is the outfit she created for herself. I like that Cinderella's hair is down because in the actual animated film her hair is (save for the Ball) always worn down with a ribbon.

Cinderelly!





Cinderella is so delicate looking and I love the soft colouring given to her with her golden hair and pearly-pink dress. Lady Tremaine's face is full of expression with that venomous look! I love the shape of her jaw and the face mould they used, it is a wonderful recreation of her animation.


I love Lady Tremaine's gorgeous 19th century dress. It is made of a beautiful rich coloured silky fabric of royal blue and burgundy with a silver stitched pattern and silver jewel accents. So pretty!

Lucifer is Adorable
I love, love, love that this set came with Lucifer! It is such an adorable addition and they made him absolutely adorable and highly detailed. Honestly, I think he is part of the reason I felt I had to get this doll set!


I love Cinderella's beautifully layered and detailed dress. I think it is lovely!





Certificate of Authenticity
I am so glad I bought this set, and have not gotten any of the others. I was debating whether or not to get the Alice and Queen of Hearts set, but I'm not even sure at this point if my local store has any left. I know that the Belle and Gaston set sold out really fast, and it sold out on the Disney website as well.



 I admit that I love the Belle doll in the set, but I was disappointed in the Gaston doll. I feel that Disney "cheaps out" on the male dolls because their clothing seems to be pretty basic and not highly detailed, and they ALL have plastic hair! Come on, I think it is just being extremely cheap, especially in the expensive Limited Edition dolls, to have dolls with plastic hair. So that is why I didn't jump on getting the Belle set, even though she was gorgeous.



I was also disappointed in how basic the Princess Aurora and Maleficent doll set looked (in my opinion). I think Maleficent looked really cool with the raven on her shoulder and all that, but the Aurora doll was highly disappointing. Her blue dress is rather basic and not as detailed as those in previous collections, and her expression is kind of silly looking. It kind of looks like she is grinning or smiling, when she is supposed to be in a trance with a serious expression on her face. I'm not a big fan of any Disney Princess Aurora doll in general to be completely honest. I think they could do a much better job of her, because I think she is gorgeous in the animated film.

So, this might be the only LE Fairytale Designer Collection doll set I pick up out of this collection, I'm not sure.

Well, that is all for this post. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment