About Me

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Disney Limited Edition 17" Belle Doll

Limited Edition 17" Belle

Here she is! I went by the mall today to pick her up, and she looks just as gorgeous as I remember seeing when I paid for her 2 months ago. I was super excited when I heard about the doll coming out and even more so when I saw the first released photos of her! I am so glad that they chose the winter red dress and cape for the limited edition doll. I think that this dress is just so much more elegant and regal looking (not that I don't like the gold ball gown as well), but this one really lends itself to intricate details better than I think the gold dress would.

Check out my photos below for a close-up look at the detailing on her dress, her lovely hair and pleasant expression.  :)
















Here are some more up-close ones of Belle's gorgeous dress!


Look at her gorgeous waves.



Such a gorgeous crimson rose pattern to the fabric

Love the bell sleeve- no pun intended!


Such exquisite and intricate gold stitching 


Below is the receipt I received after purchasing the doll back in early August. I have a photo of the original voucher I received when lining up as well which I will find and upload. Belle is one of the first limited edition Disney dolls I have ever purchased (aside from Alice and Iracebeth, who I didn't have to line up for) because I only recently started collecting Disney dolls. The whole experience of lining up to get a voucher is totally new to me and it is a process I don't particularly like. I had been into my local store a few days before and asked about the process; where I needed to line up and at what time to arrive. I believe the pre-sale was on a Tuesday, and luckily I had taken some time-off from work and was able to go. 

My local mall was open to the public at 7am for the early morning mall walking group, and I'm sure most people likely arrived then. I was way too tired to get my butt out of bed for 7am so I ended up getting there around 8am. There were already at least 15 people, possibly a few more, lining up outside of The Disney Store and over the next hour there were about 4-5 people who lined up behind me. The whole time I waited I was worrying that they might not have enough vouchers for the Belle doll that I wanted! I literally held my breath as the 2 Disney staff members were handing out the vouchers for Belle, Gaston, and The Beast. I was overjoyed when one of the staff asked me what doll I came for, and when I answered Belle, handed me a voucher. I received the very last voucher for Belle, and that made my day! 

I felt so bad for this one girl in line behind me who had been waiting for a Belle voucher also, and who started crying when she didn't receive one. I just dislike how this system of selling dolls really promotes scalping, and a lot of the people buying these limited edition dolls are doing so only in order to sell them. Actual collectors and interested buyers often miss out and are then forced to buy on the re-sell market, which is unfortunate for the people who really want them. So I consider myself very lucky to have gotten this doll. 



No comments:

Post a Comment